Discover your potential as well as lots of exciting archaeology
Join the Network team!
Are you looking to get your career off the ground? Are you tired of being just another digger? Being overlooked for new opportunities? Do you feel you have what it takes to lead a team?
We value our people as well as the archaeology. With our pro-active support, we’ll help you develop and find your strengths. We’ve got your back, in helping you shape your future. Get in touch, we can’t wait to talk!
CALLING OFFICERS, SUPERVISORS & ASSISTANTS
Opportunities for staff at all levels. Immediate starts if you are available.
WHO ARE WE?
Network Archaeology has evolved over the years and continues to encompass the modern values and ethics of our profession and have a great employment vision.
We currently have 2 projects running:
HS2 - Network Archaeology is part of a collaborative partnership (INFRA) providing archaeology support to Fusion to deliver enabling works to facilitate the construction of High-Speed Rail 2 – one of the most demanding and exciting transport projects in Europe
Viking Link – Network Archaeology is involved in a UK major infrastructure project, a 67 km scheme in Lincolnshire. Current work is on Zone’s 1 and 2 which is from the coast through to the Lincolnshire Wolds. In Zone 1 we expect to find Roman salt production and a few small Roman & Iron Age farmsteads. In Zone 2 we expect to find a mixture of settlements dating from the Bronze Age through to Medieval.
- Immediate start
- 3-month contracts – With the probability of an extension.
- Free good quality accommodation plus *additional allowances - we provide you a home away from home, making you feel comfortable when relocated for work. *when applicable
- Free transport to/from site - when staying in our accommodation keeping your working costs low.
- Overtime– potential overtime with generous overtime rates.
- Friendly, supportive, and employee-focused company - we do not forget you are a human-being behind the digging.
- Full COVID-19 Safety plan in operation
£26,732 - £31,031 (depending on experience) + up to £969/month gross OT + £3,900 working away allowance
Applicants should have at least 3-years relevant experience in site management. An emphasis is placed on managing field teams effectively, ensuring that safety targets, deadlines, quality and financial budgets are met. The successful candidates should be organised and possess exemplary communication skills.
£22,035 - £25,248 (depending on experience) + up to £788/month gross OT + £3,900 working away allowance
Applicants should have previous relevant experience in a supervisory role. An emphasis is placed upon completing tasks on time and within budget. We look for mini-managers who are excellent motivators of people, with organisational skills, good communication and no points on your driving licence.
£20, 244 - £21,507 (depending on experience) + up to £672/month gross OT + £3,900 working away allowance
Applicants should have at least 6-months relevant commercial experience in the UK. We look for flexibility, positive outlooks, a collaborative mindset and ability to work to defined deadlines.
- Contracts include 28 days paid holiday per full year worked (incl. public and bank holidays).
- Work in excess of 40 hours per week will be paid at time & a half on weekdays/ Saturdays and at double time on Sundays.
- Allowance of £15 (taxable) per day worked (£3,900 p/a), if you are working on away jobs. N.B. This allowance is not available on all projects.
- Contractual sick pay in addition to SSP, Employee Assistance Programme, contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers and bike-to-work scheme.
- Valid CSCS card essential for all posts. This is a CSCS compliant site – CSCS Lite will be accepted temporarily.
- Membership of CIfA is desirable.
- Applicants must be a British citizen, an EU national or hold a current Work Permit. Proof of eligibility will be required prior to any offer of employment. If you hold a Work Permit you need to send a copy with your CV.
Please email CV and brief covering letter to: Michelle Pilgrim at email@example.com
Appointment made on a first come first served basis. We respond to all received applications.
Network Archaeology is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
COVID19: We have COVID-19 plans in place and are following all current official guidance on maintaining a safe working environment during COVID19. We are in constant communication with our clients to ensure all staff can continue to work and operate safely while travelling and working on site and/or in the office.