L - P : Archaeology are looking to expand our team of field staff based out of our London office. Staff will primarily be working on HS2 projects in the Aylesbury/ Stoke Mandeville area. We will follow all current guidelines regarding SOP and COVID19: https://www.archaeologists.net/practices/coronavirus/siteworking
LP 1 starting at £20,350 (or £21,571 including 6% employer pension contribution)
LP 2 starting at £21,350 (or £22,631 including 6% employer pension contribution)
LP 3 starting at £22,400 (or £23,744 including 6% employer pension contribution)
LP 4 starting at £23,500 (or £24,910 including 6% employer pension contribution)
LP 5 starting at £24,650 )or £26,129 including 6% employer pension contribution)
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have at least six months experience in commercial archaeology
- Have experience excavating multi-period open area archaeology
- Have a good understanding of and experience using single context recording
- Have experience of excavating inhumations
- Have a positive can-do attitude
- Have a professional manner
- Have strong communication skills in order to work well collaboratively
- Live within a commutable distance of Stoke Mandeville, Aylesbury
- Hold a CSCS card
- Hold a current full driving licence
Membership of the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists is desired but not mandatory. L - P : Archaeology will assist the successful candidate in obtaining membership.
Successful applicants will be offered initial fixed-term contracts of 6 months, but there may be opportunities for extensions later in the year.
Salary dependent on experience.
Please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!
L - P : Archaeology is a commercial archaeological unit with offices in London, Bristol, Chester, and Bishop’s Stortford. The company is a partnership, with a growing number of permanent employees. L - P has won awards for its archaeological practice, and it is a CIfA registered organisation. As a CIfA registered organisation L - P comply with their minima for annual leave, sick leave, pensions, subsistence, accommodation and travel expenses. We work largely in the commercial sector, although we are involved in a variety of archaeological research projects, and have a strong Digital Archaeology team.
The L - P ethos is that staff should be upskilled wherever possible. As such we provide our employees with support and active encouragement with regards to training and their continuing professional development.
L - P : Archaeology has committed to becoming carbon neutral, we will be working towards reducing our carbon footprint and we are making annual donations to carbon offsetting projects. Employee Benefits:
- 100% CIfA subscription fees
- Support for training and CPD
- 6% Employer pension contribution
- High quality PPE
- Mates in Mind - Mental health support
- CharlieHR Perks at Work - Retail discounts and offers for employees
- Bicycle loan scheme