L – P : Archaeology are looking to recruit Project Officers and Site Supervisors for full-time work on several multi period archaeological sites in Buckinghamshire.
(£26,129 - £27,401 dependant on experience/PA rate is including including 6% employer pension contribution).
(£24,650 - £25,850 dependant on experience/PA rate ex 6% employer pension contribution)
Relocation packages to commutable distance to Stoke Mandeville/Aylesbury starting at £2,220 – negotiable according to circumstances.
Joining L – P 's Excavation team based at our London Office, candidates will be given the chance to assist in co-ordinating the excavation of large, varied archaeological sites. With an expanded workload of large projects in both London and Buckinghamshire, the ideal candidate will be willing to both adopt L - P’s methods and practices whilst contributing their own knowledge to assist in educating and improving their colleagues.
The position will consist of excavation tasks, including but not limited to, having the ability to work under pressure and manager your own and other staff’s time effectively, liaising with the project manager and site manager responsible for the progress of the sites, the training of staff and willingness to expand their own skill sets and to do so in a friendly and professional manner and to directly assist the site manager with the delivery of on-site training, archaeological toolbox talks.
Successful applicants will be required to produce reports and updates for the site management and to ensure cohesion and promote a positive working environment. At L – P : Archaeology all roles are broad, allowing individuals to undertake a wider range of tasks and skills.
You will be supported in your position by a responsible partner who will assist in improving your ability to conduct your role to a high standard. Range of salary on offer dependant on level of experience. These positions are tailored for the person who feels people skills are as important as technical skills.
Covering letters and CV’s are to be sent to email@example.com. The closing date for applications is 14/08/2020.
Our ideal candidate(s) will aim to meet two sets of criteria; essential and desired. You must address each point succinctly in your personal statement.
- A minimum of four years of commercial archaeological experience for the Supervisor role, or five for PO role
- A minimum of one year in commercial supervisory/Project Officer role
- Valid driver’s licence
- Possession of a CSCS
- Willingness to be trained in new areas of work and in the L-P methods and procedures
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Ability to implement company strategy and policies (Health & Safety, CIfA standards etc) Active in pursuing Continuing Professional Development
- Ability to train site staff and engage them with the site they are working on
- Experience in writing post excavation reports
- Undergraduate degree in Archaeology
- Published sites/Grey Literature Bibliography
- Infrastructure site experience
- First Aid Trained*
- Enthusiasm for analysis and understanding of archaeological sites Professional grade membership of the CIfA (ACIfA Minimum)*
*If they do not hold this item, the successful candidate may be required to obtain these qualifications/memberships. This will be at the company’s expense and with the company’s support
Working arrangements and entitlements
- 37.5 hour standard working week
- 29 days of annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays)
- sick leave on an initial accrual of one day per month for a six month qualifying period,
- and thereafter one month sick pay allowance as per CIfA minima
- 6% pension contributions after a six month qualifying period, as per CIfA minima
- Relocation incentive starting at £2200 - Negotiable according to circumstances.
- relevant PPE will be provided to the successful applicant
Working for LP:
L – P : Archaeology is a commercial archaeological unit with offices in London, Bristol, Chester, and Bishop’s Stortford. The company is a partnership, with a growing number of permanent employees. L – P has won awards for its archaeological practice, and it is a CIfA registered organisation. As a CIfA registered organisation, L – P comply with their minima for annual leave, sick leave, pensions, subsistence, accommodation and travel expenses. We work largely in the commercial sector, although we are involved in a variety of archaeological research projects, and have a strong Digital Archaeology team.
The L – P ethos is that staff should be upskilled wherever possible. As such we provide our employees with support and active encouragement with regards to training and their continuing professional development.
L – P : Archaeology has committed to becoming carbon neutral, we will be working towards reducing our carbon footprint and we are making annual donations to carbon offsetting projects.
- 100 % CIfA subscription fees
- Support for training and CPD
- 6% Employer pension contribution
- High quality PPE
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Mates in Mind: Mental health support
- CharlieHR Perks at Work: Retail discounts and offers for employees