We are looking to recruit additional members of field staff for an immediate start. Candidates should have at least 6 months commercial experience, but we would consider less experienced candidates with clear potential and a commitment to progress. Successful candidates would principally be working on a multi-period site on the edge of the North Somerset Levels at Weston-Super-Mare but could be required to work on a variety of sites across the whole of the South West as the need arises.
These positions would be six-month fixed-term appointments but may be extended for the right candidates subject to workload. Offers may be made to suitable candidates before the closing date, so early application is advised.
We are looking primarily for site assistants, but it would be great to get candidates who are capable to be Supervisors or Project Officers.
Site assistants from £20,020
Supervisors from £23,600
Project Officers from £24,500
Who we are
South West Archaeology is a successful Devon based company with an experienced and committed core team. We have been operating for more than 20 years and undertake all aspects of pre- and post-planning archaeological assessment and fieldwork. This ranges from single house plots and wind turbines to major residential and linear infrastructure projects, with a broad range of clients in the public and private sectors.
Where we are
The main office is located in South Molton, Devon but we work throughout the South West and further afield.
- Enthusiastic and motivated
- Good communication skills and ability to work well in a team
- Demonstrable field experience
- Ability to carry out prolonged manual work in an outdoor environment in all weather
- Full UK driving licence
- Awareness of health and safety good practice and commitment to safe working
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- A materials competency (e.g. lithics, faunal remains, pottery etc.)
- Ability to work without close supervision
- CIfA membership
- A current and valid CSCS card
- A current FAW or EFAW certificate
- 30 days annual leave (includes bank holidays)
- Flexible working
- Accommodation and subsistence paid for for away work, where applicable
- Mileage and travel time costs paid where applicable
- Personal protective equipment
- Training in support of continuing professional development
- 100% of CIfA subscription fees
- Subject to completing probation you would be eligible for the company pension scheme
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter, including full contact details for two referees, to email@example.com, or call 01769 573555 to discuss.
South West Archaeology Ltd. Is committed to the wellbeing of all our staff and we are following all relevant Government and public health guidance on establishing and maintaining a safe working environment during the Corona virus pandemic. New starters will receive an up-to-date health and safety briefing and guidance on how to operate safely on site.