CFA Archaeology Ltd (CFA) is an industry leading, cultural heritage organisation specialising in consulting, contracting and post-excavation on projects ranging from small scale watching briefs for residential developments, to large-scale infrastructure projects and Cultural Heritage Studies for Environmental Impact Assessments. At CFA, we pride ourselves on excellence and work with a range of organisations from leading multinational corporations and government agencies, to local government bodies and single partner consultancies. Our offices are located throughout the UK and we are a registered organisation (RO) with the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists. We are also ISO 9001:2015 accredited.
Due to continued growth across our business and a range of large projects ahead, CFA is looking to appoint Field Archaeologists initially for six month contracts, for an immediate start to enhance our team in Milton Keynes. You must be available to work away on field projects and be able to carry out manual work in outdoor environments in all weather.
This is a great opportunity to join a long established and highly regarded company that prides itself on delivering quality services to clients, whilst providing continuous staff development and training opportunities. We are passionate about archaeology and we need you to be too. If you have any specific relevant skills, let us know!
Please note: CFA has comprehensive COVID-19 operating procedures in place and are following all current Government and Industry guidance on establishing and maintaining a safe working environment during COVID-19.
Benefits of working at CFA include:
Successful criteria include:
- Profit distribution scheme
- Contribution to pension scheme
- Paid overnight subsistence and travel time on fieldwork (compliant with all current Govt and industry guidance)
- Subscription to CIfA paid in full
- TOIL and Sickness Benefits
- Cycle scheme
- Relevant degree level education or practical experience in UK practice desirable
- Flexible approach to deployment and willingness to travel and work away
- Membership of the CIfA preferred and a current CSCS Card desirable
- A good positive attitude and effective team-worker / communicator
- Willingness to learn a range of office-based and fieldwork tasks, with ambition to progress into more senior roles
- Motivated with good organisational skills
- Full driving licence preferred
- Microsoft Office skills
Please apply by email to email@example.com quoting the role code and position above (Field Archaeologists FA0820) as the subject line, enclosing a CV and covering letter. Applications will be reviewed on receipt and candidates contacted thereafter.
CFA follows all GDPR regulations when handling personal data. All enquiries and applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
CFA Archaeology follows a policy of equal opportunities for employment, training and other conditions of service. All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK without restrictions. Proof of identity and eligibility will be required prior to employment.