CFA Archaeology Ltd (CFA) is an industry leading, cultural heritage organisation specialising in consulting, contracting and post-excavation on projects ranging from small scale watching briefs for residential developments, to large-scale infrastructure projects and Cultural Heritage Studies for Environmental Impact Assessments. At CFA, we pride ourselves on excellence and work with a range of organisations from leading multinational corporations and government agencies, to local government bodies and single partner consultancies. Our offices are located throughout the UK and we are a registered organisation (RO) with the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists. We are also ISO 9001:2015 accredited.
CFA is looking to appoint permanent Archaeological Supervisors and Assistant Archaeological Supervisors to join the team at our Scottish office. This is a great opportunity to join a long established and highly regarded company that prides itself on delivering quality services to clients, whilst providing continuous staff development and training opportunities. We are passionate about archaeology and we need you to be too. If you have any specific relevant skills, let us know!
Please note: CFA has comprehensive COVID-19 operating procedures in place and are following all current Government and Industry guidance on establishing and maintaining a safe working environment during COVID-19.
Benefits of working at CFA include:
- Profit distribution scheme
- Competitive remuneration (above CIfA recommendation) with annual review.
- Full compliant PPE supplied
- Contribution to pension scheme
- Paid overnight subsistence and travel time on fieldwork (compliant with all current Govt and industry guidance)
- Performance Appraisals, Training, Occupational Health Support
- Subscription to CIfA paid in full
- TOIL and Sickness Benefits
- Relocation support where applicable
- Cycle scheme
You may be required to regularly work away from your office location. CFA provides transport to site and, if working away, overnight accommodation and subsistence will also be provided. A good knowledge of British archaeology is desirable, and you will be able to demonstrate a range of skills relevant to working in commercial field archaeology. You should be motivated and an effective team-worker, maintaining good professional relationships with colleagues and clients alike.
Successful criteria include:
- Relevant degree level education or significant practical experience
- Flexible approach to deployment and willingness to travel and work away
- Membership of the CIfA preferred and a current CSCS Card desirable.
- Experience of supervising archaeological projects and managing assistants
- A good positive attitude and effective team-worker / communicator
- Experience of archaeological supervision of machine excavation
- Willingness to learn a range of office-based and fieldwork tasks, with ambition to progress into more senior roles
- Motivated with good organisational skills
- Full driving licence essential
- Microsoft Office skills
Please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the position and role code (AS0820) as the subject line, enclosing a CV and covering letter. Applications will be reviewed on receipt and candidates contacted thereafter. Interviews will begin immediately, so please apply as soon as you can.
CFA follows all GDPR regulations when handling personal data. All enquiries and applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
CFA Archaeology follows a policy of equal opportunities for employment, training and other conditions of service. All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK without restrictions. Proof of identity and eligibility will be required prior to employment.