TITLE: Field Archaeologist, Supervisors & Project Officers
LOCATION: Various Projects in Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire & Warwickshire
DURATION: Est. Up to 9 months+ (37.5 hour-week Mon-Fri.). Contract: Immediate start
‘IAC operate in a Covid compliant work environment, keeping you, your work colleagues & family safe. Our Inductions & daily project briefings detail specific H&S Covid 19 updates’.
BACKGROUND: IAC Archaeology is growing our fieldwork team for a range of major upcoming evaluation and excavation projects in Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire & Warwickshire. This is a great opportunity to join our dedicated, friendly and highly professional fieldwork team. A core objective of our company is to create a positive and professional work environment, where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to develop their professional skills within the parameters of well-defined career-path. We achieve this by providing ongoing training, CPD and upskilling opportunities and by rewarding the qualifications and experience accumulated by staff during their career to date.
We are looking to appoint Project Officers, Archaeological Supervisors & Field Archaeologist to supplement our core teams on upcoming major evaluation and excavation projects. Overnight accommodation ( including weekends if required ) and subsistence will also be provided.
Project Officers (£24,000 - £26,000 subject to experience ) - Overnight accommodation and subsistence will also be provided, including weekend accommodation when required
The following are required:
The following criteria are desirable:
- Experience and understanding of UK and/or Irish commercial archaeology
- Experience in the supervision of archaeological projects
- Experience of the archaeological supervision of plant
- Experience in managing excavation teams
- Full Clean driving licence and willingness to drive company vehicles
- Degree level education in a relevant subject
- Archaeological field work experience preferably on sites of various periods and types
- A demonstrable written and post-excavation skills
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to use own initiative
- Current CSCS card essential
- Experience in writing publications
- SSSTS qualification – Provided by IAC if required
- First aid at work qualification
- Certified banksman training
Archaeological Supervisors (£23,655) Overnight accommodation & subsistence also provided, including weekend accommodation when required
- Candidates must demonstrate proven experience and good working knowledge of professional archaeological fieldwork within the UK and/or Ireland
- Experience of supervising archaeological projects and managing field teams
- Experience of archaeological supervision of machine excavation
- A full clean driving licence is desirable
- Current CSCS card
- SSSTS training desirable, however these can be organised once in post - and would be provided for by IAC Archaeology
Field Archaeologist (£20,300 - £21,600 subject to experience ) Overnight accommodation & subsistence also provided, including weekend accommodation when required
- Relevant degree level education or practical experience in UK and/or Irish practice desirable
- Full driving licence is desirable but not essential
- Current CSCS Card
HOW TO APPLY: Applications via CV and cover letter outlining the grade/role you wish to apply for should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th of November 2020
If you would like any further information on this post, please contact Christina O’Regan on Coregan@iac.ie
We will follow all current guidelines provided by Industry regarding Covid
- Full PPE will be provided (compliant with all current industry and Govt advice).
- Accommodation and subsistence (compliant with all current industry and Govt advice) will be provided if working away from home including weekend accommodation when required.