Wardell Armstrong LLP is a successful multi-disciplinary environmental consultancy with 12 offices throughout the UK employing nearly 500 staff. We have been providing expert archaeological and heritage services for over 25 years, during which time we have demonstrated our ability to provide effective and commercially aware advice to a wide range of clients throughout the UK.
Our Archaeology and Heritage Team is based across five of Wardell Armstrong’s offices Bolton, Birmingham, Carlisle, London and Stoke.
We have 2 vacancies for a Principal Archaeologist (Project Officers), one to be based out of Birmingham and the other out of Carlisle.
Our successful candidates will be experienced Fieldwork Specialists, competent in supervising teams of archaeologists and providing technical support for our projects. You will be engaged in developing our project delivery, will have proven report-writing ability, and commensurate post-excavation co-ordination skills. Experience of conducting both evaluation and excavation is essential. Experience of working on large scale infrastructure projects is desirable.
We work on sites across the UK, and these vacancies will include working away.
Successful candidates will need:
- Degree level qualification in Archaeology or a complementary subject.
- Driving licence.
- White CSCS card (either AQP or PQP).
- CIfA membership desirable.
- SSSTS qualification is desirable.
- Demonstrable grey literature writing experience.
- Appropriate awareness of post-excavation processes, and ability to engage with our in- house post-ex team.
Our ideal candidate is a strong communicator, providing excellent service. They will also be inspired by a diverse range of archaeological projects and enjoy sharing their skills and experience with the wider team.
Wardell Armstrong is a people-focussed company, large enough to have strength in depth but also small enough to be sure of giving our clients close personal attention. Our Archaeology and Heritage team is passionate and ambitious. We can offer excellent experience, project ownership and a genuine chance to thrive and develop professionally.
We also offer:
- Accommodation, transport, and a generous subsistence allowance when working away from home.
- Membership of our Group Personal Pension Plan, with Employer's contribution of up to 5%.
- Payment of relevant professional subscriptions (CIfA or similar).
- Mobile phone with inclusive tariff including personal usage.
- Membership to our Private Health Care Scheme (BUPA).
- Critical Illness Cover.
- Inclusion in our Life Assurance Policy given as 3 times annual salary.
- 24 days annual leave per year and non-expiration TOIL accrual.
- Flexitime working schedule.
- Long service awards.
- Cycle-to-Work scheme.
- Travel loans.
- Support for personal, local, and national charities and environmental causes.
To Apply click links below-