AOC is one of the leading, and fastest growing, heritage companies in the UK; over the last 4 years we have seen our turnover and staff numbers double in size. We are actively involved in large-scale infrastructure programmes across the UK and pride ourselves on our commitment to working on interesting and ground-breaking projects, and we are proud of our highly skilled, dynamic staff. We offer a full range of fieldwork, consultancy, survey, post-excavation and public archaeology services and have one of Britain’s largest and most experienced team of artefact, ecofact and conservation experts. We are a CIfA Registered Organisation with ISO 9001:2015 certification. We pride ourselves on encouraging people to grow during their time at AOC, with their ambitions matching ours.
This is an excellent opportunity to further your career in geoarchaeology. Whether you are already working at PO level or you are a PS thinking about a step up to the next level in this field, it is vital that you are a good team member with a positive and enthusiastic approach to geoarchaeology. You should be confident and self-motivated and able to work independently in your area of expertise. You will be working out of our London office, with our existing geoarchaeology team, on a wide variety of on-site and off-site project types and geoarchaeological tasks. The role will include borehole rig supervision, sediment description, advising and sampling on archaeological sites, lab work, deposit modelling, interpretation, and reporting. It will be necessary to work away from home with overnight stays. On site work may be physically demanding and it may be necessary to work in adverse weather conditions. We encourage our team to grow and in this role you will be supported by a senior member of AOC who will assist in improving your skill set and further your career using our bespoke Job Aspiration Matrix.
Motivated, professional geoarchaeologist who is interested in developing their career with a forward-thinking company with high professional standards of work;
- Excellent team member;
- Degree level qualifications;
- Experienced in deposit modelling using Rockworks:
- Full clean UK driving license;
- CSCS card.
- Competitive salary, under constant review and always current with CIFA and BAJR recommendations; appointments will be made on the basis of demonstrated ability and previous experience;
- Ring-fenced Annual Bonus Scheme;
- Company pension scheme;
- Full PPE (compliant with all current industry and Govt advice; please see https://www.aocarchaeology.com/covid-19)
- Accommodation and subsistence (compliant with all current industry and Govt advice) will be provided if working away from home including weekend accommodation when required.
- Training budget and time allowance to attend conferences;
Applications via CV and cover letter should be sent to email@example.com, We will be reviewing applications on receipt and if suitable candidates apply we will be appointing immediately. The overall closing date for applications is 11th December 2020. If you would like any further information on this post, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal discussion. Your enquiry will be treated in confidence.
Two references will be required. Referees will not be approached without the candidate’s permission.
AOC Archaeology Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.