CFA Archaeology Ltd (CFA) is an industry leading, cultural heritage organisation specialising in consulting, contracting and post-excavation on projects ranging from small scale watching briefs for residential developments, to large-scale infrastructure projects and Cultural Heritage Studies for Environmental Impact Assessments. At CFA, we pride ourselves on excellence and work with a range of organisations from leading multinational corporations and government agencies, to local government bodies and single partner consultancies. Our offices are located throughout the UK and we are a registered organisation (RO) with the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists. We are also ISO 9001:2015 accredited.
Due to continued growth across our business, CFA is looking to appoint experienced professionals for the post of permanent Project Officer as part of our team in Milton Keynes beginning as soon as the successful candidate is available.
You will be able to demonstrate an understanding of British archaeology and the planning process with experience of team leadership, fieldwork, recording and report production. You will possess the skills to ensure your work matches all relevant Project Designs, Briefs, and Specifications and complete schedules within resource allocations and timescales. You will also be effective at maintaining good relations with colleagues, clients and their agents, curatorial authorities and visitors.
Having a professional, happy and motivated team is important to us, so candidates will be able to demonstrate that they have successful experience in the day-to-day management of staff working on projects under your supervision and can promote good working practices, morale and communication in all aspects of their work.
This is a great opportunity to join a long established and highly regarded company that prides itself on delivering high quality services to clients, whilst providing continuous staff development, appraisals and training opportunities.
Please note: CFA has comprehensive COVID-19 operating procedures in place and are following all current Government and Industry guidance on establishing and maintaining a safe working environment during COVID-19.
Benefits of working at CFA include:
- Educated to degree-level in relevant discipline
- Proven supervisorial and leadership experience
- Associate level membership of the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists (ACIfA minimum) or equivalent experience
- Excellent team-working and communication skills
- High levels of attention to detail, time-management and organisational skills.
- A full UK driving licence
- Profit distribution scheme
- Competitive remuneration (above CIfA recommendation) with annual review.
- Full compliant PPE supplied
- Contribution to pension scheme
- Paid overnight subsistence and travel time on fieldwork (compliant with all current Govt and industry guidance)
- Performance Appraisals, Training, Occupational Health Support
- Subscription to CIfA paid in full
- TOIL and Sickness Benefits
- Relocation support where applicable
- Cycle scheme
Please apply via email to email@example.com quoting reference ‘Project Officer PO0121' in the subject line by close of business on 28th February 2021. Only completed applications containing a cover letter and CV will be accepted. Interviews start immediately - please apply asap.
CFA follows all GDPR regulations when handling personal data. All enquiries and applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
CFA Archaeology follows a policy of equal opportunities for employment, training and other conditions of service. All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK without restrictions. Proof of identity and right to work in the UK will be required prior to commencing employment.