AOC is one of the leading, and fastest growing, heritage companies in the UK; over the last 4 years we have seen our turnover and staff double in size. We are actively involved in large-scale infrastructure programmes across the UK and pride ourselves on our commitment to working on interesting and ground-breaking projects, and we are proud of our highly skilled, dynamic staff. We offer a full range of fieldwork, consultancy, survey, post-excavation and public archaeology services and have one of Britain’s largest and most experienced teams of artefact, ecofact and conservation specialists. We are a CIfA Registered Organisation with ISO 9001:2015 certification. We pride ourselves on encouraging people to grow during their time at AOC, with their ambitions matching ours. Due to our expanding English portfolio we are now opening our fourth English office, in Milton Keynes. We are looking to appoint ambitious individuals who will help us deliver our vision for our new office.
We are looking to appoint an experienced Consultancy Project Officer or Project Manager to be based in our Milton Keynes office, working within our National Consultancy team. You will be involved in the successful production and/or management of consultancy projects from inception to completion. These will include desk-based assessments and EIAR or ES chapters; archaeological impact assessments, heritage impact assessments and written schemes of investigation.
- Highly experienced, motivated, professional archaeologist who is interested in developing their career with a forward-thinking company with high professional standards of work.
- Dynamic individual who will be central to the future growth and success of the Group.
- Experience in a senior archaeological project management consultant role in a commercial context is essential for the Project Manager Role, as is experience of tendering, budget control and reporting and a creative approach to business development.
- Sound knowledge of British archaeology and experience in the provision of consultancy advise.
- Sound understanding of heritage and planning legislation, policy and guidance.
- Good team member with a positive approach to commercial archaeology.
- Self-motivating with good leadership skills.
- Willing to travel to site meetings and visits.
- Degree level qualifications or above, ACIfA or MCIfA (depending on role applied for) or equivalent are preferable.
- Competitive salary, under constant review and always current with CIFA recommendations; appointments will be made on the basis of demonstrated ability and previous experience; note that we are implementing the CIFA recommended salaries for 2021-22 from January 1st 2021;
- Ring-fenced Annual Bonus Scheme;
- Company pension scheme;
- Full PPE (compliant with all current industry and Govt advice; please see https://www.aocarchaeology.com/covid-19)
- Accommodation and subsistence (compliant with all current industry and Govt advice) will be provided if working away from home including weekend accommodation when required.
- Training budget and time allowance to attend conferences;
- Clear and transparent job progression using AOC’s bespoke Job Aspiration Matrix;
- Employee Assistance Programmes including Occupational Health support;
- Support for research;
- Paid CIFA membership; CSCS card and SSSTS and SMSTS card where required;
- Flexible working; and
- TOIL and sickness benefits
Applications via CV and cover letter should be sent to email@example.com. We will be reviewing applications on receipt and if suitable candidates apply we will be appointing immediately. The overall closing date for applications is 5th March 2021.
If you would like any further information on this post, please contact Vicky Oleksy (Assistant Director, Consultancy) on 07825 547 946 for an informal discussion. Your enquiry will be treated in confidence.
Two references will be required. Referees will not be approached without the candidate’s permission.
AOC Archaeology Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.