CFA Archaeology Ltd (CFA) is an industry leading, cultural heritage organisation specialising in consulting, contracting and post-excavation on projects ranging from small scale watching briefs for residential developments, to large-scale infrastructure projects and Cultural Heritage Studies for Environmental Impact Assessments. At CFA, we pride ourselves on excellence and work with a range of organisations from leading multinational corporations and government agencies, to local government bodies and single partner consultancies. Our offices are located throughout the UK and we are a registered organisation (RO) with the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists. We are ISO 9001:2015 accredited.
Field Archaeologists (FA0221) – starting at £20,675
We are looking to appoint Field Archaeologists to enhance our teams on projects throughout the UK. You will be able to work effectively and professionally as part of a team, both in the field and in the office. You must be available to work away on field projects and be able to carry out manual work in outdoor environments in all weather.
This is a great opportunity to join a long established and highly regarded company that prides itself on delivering quality services to clients, whilst providing continuous staff support, development, and training opportunities. We are passionate about archaeology and we need you to be too. If you have any specific relevant skills, let us know!
Successful criteria include:
Please note: CFA has comprehensive COVID-19 safe systems of work procedures in place and are following all current Government and Industry guidance on establishing and maintaining a safe working environment.
- Relevant degree level education or practical experience in UK practice desirable
- Flexible approach to deployment and willingness to travel and work away
- Membership of the CIfA preferred and a current CSCS Card desirable
- A good positive attitude and effective team-worker / communicator
- Willingness to learn a range of office-based and fieldwork tasks, with ambition to progress into more senior roles
- Reliable and motivated with good organisational skills
- Full driving licence preferred
- Microsoft Office skills
Benefits of working at CFA include:
- Profit distribution scheme
- Competitive remuneration (above CIfA recommendation) with annual review.
- Full compliant PPE supplied
- Accommodation provided where necessary
- Paid overnight subsistence and travel time on fieldwork (compliant with all current Govt and industry guidance)
- Performance Appraisals, Training & Development, Occupational Health Support
- Subscription to CIfA paid in full (for permanent staff)
- TOIL and Sickness Benefits
- Cycle scheme
Please apply by email to email@example.com quoting the role code and position 'Field Archaeologists (FA0221)' as the subject line, enclosing a CV. If you are applying to be considered for appointment to a specific office, please make this clear in your application. Applications will be reviewed on receipt and candidates contacted thereafter.
Supporting our employees throughout Brexit is a priority. If you are an EU citizen or from overseas, and affected by the ongoing changes you must provide CFA with proof of your right to work in the UK and any relevant information regarding your current and future Residence Status.
CFA follows all GDPR regulations when handling personal data. All enquiries and applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
CFA Archaeology follows Equal Opportunities for Employment and Respect and Dignity at Work policies, training and other conditions of service.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK without restrictions. Proof of identity and eligibility will be required prior to employment.