Cotswold Archaeology is continuing to grow as a sustainable and strong business, which currently employs over 250 full-time staff, working as one company from our four offices. We have been operating from our Milton Keynes office for nearly 10 years and now employ over 50 permanent local staff, a number that has doubled in the past two years. Our plans are to continue to grow and we would like you to be a part of this vision.
We are looking for experienced and ambitious Supervisors, or existing experienced archaeologists who are ready to take the next step in their career and supervise archaeological projects. With already commissioned projects in the field programmed for the next nine months and a solid look-ahead to further schemes over the next five years this is a once in a generation opportunity to take part in some of the most exceptional archaeological excavations currently being undertaken with one of the largest archaeological contractors in the country.
All our project leaders are encouraged to participate in the publication of our work; with publication, dissemination and outreach being the fundamental driver for everything we do.
Our awarding winning training programmes provide support throughout all the stages of your career and this can be demonstrated by the progression of our colleagues from site archaeologist to managers and technical specialists.
Along with a starting salary well above the CIfA minimum, we offer a highly competitive benefits package including:
- Generous financial assistance with potential relocation
- Pension and life assurance schemes
- 30 days leave (including Bank Holidays) – increasing with length of service
- A lieu and overtime scheme operated for all driving time, and time spent in excess of 45 minutes each way as a passenger, outside of the normal 7.5 hour working day (accumulate up to 10 days additional lieu time annually)
- Good quality accommodation, and subsistence payments for all away projects
- Paid CIfA membership subscription
- Employee Assistance Programme
How to apply
To submit an application please visit our recruitment website https://cotswoldarchaeology.ciphr-irecruit.com/Applicants/ If you have not previously registered on our recruitment website, you will need to complete this step first and there is a guide available on our Careers page https://cotswoldarchaeology.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/I-Recruit-instructions.pdf
If you are interested and would like to know more, we would recommend an informal discussion with Stuart Joyce, Principal Fieldwork Manager (07738 883 726).