Zooarchaeologist - London
Job Ref: ZA0221
Pay range: £25,625 to £30,000 dependent upon experience
Hours: Full-time (37.5h/week, Monday to Friday)
Location: London based but flexible working from home if required
Duration: Fixed Term Contract (initially 6 months)
MOLA is seeking a Zooarchaeologist to join the Environmental Archaeology Team. We have an increasingly diverse and interesting portfolio of exciting projects throughout the UK for which the successful candidate will take an active supportive role.
The successful candidate will work as part of the Environmental team to provide support with the post-excavation assessment and analysis of animal remains from on-going and future projects. They will be expected to contribute to and develop understanding of the past through the identification, analysis, interpretation and reporting of faunal remains assemblages.
The initial contract is for six months, there may however during this time, be a review for a possible extension.
• To identify, record, analyse, interpret and report upon faunal remains assemblages within defined project objectives, budgets and timetables.
• To produce accurate, detailed and reliable faunal remains identification, recording, analysis and interpretation to the level required under supervision.
• To contribute to the development of MOLA and its research programme.
• To contribute to the successful commercial operation of MOLA.
As one of the leading archaeological contracting organisations in the UK, MOLA offers continued career progression within the organisation, and the opportunity to expand and develop personal and professional skills. MOLA is committed to mentoring and training staff at all levels in order to develop individual capability and enhance career prospects and the successful candidate will receive any appropriate and necessary H&S training to support the development of their career.
For full details of the required competencies and experience please see the Job Description and Personal Specification.
We offer a range of benefits to our employees including the following:
• 30 days annual leave (including bank holidays), rising based on service length
• Company pension scheme
• Health care cash plan (including dependent children)
• Full payment of relevant professional membership fees
• Sickness income protection and life assurance
• Cycle Scheme
• Interest-free season travel loans
• Free access to many of London’s museums and galleries
We are committed to mentoring and training staff at all levels in order to develop individual capability and enhance career prospects.
• For more information and to apply, please download the full job description and application form from https://www.mola.org.uk/about-us/work-us/current-opportunities/zooarchaeologist-london quoting reference ZA0221
• Applications without an application form will not be considered.
• Applications should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
• The closing date for the vacancy is 17:00 on 1st March 2021
• Early applications are advised as applications will be reviewed upon receipt and interviews may take place before the closing date.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK without restrictions. Proof of eligibility will be required prior to commencement.
MOLA promotes diversity and equality of opportunity at all levels, and welcomes applications from people regardless of sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, age, or religion or belief.