Allen Archaeology Ltd
Project Archaeologists (Grade 1.2–1.3)
£20,257.51 – 21,083.54 p.a. *plus av. £280 pcm in travel time payments (£3,500 pa)
Annual salary will be subject to a generous above inflation pay rise on April 1st 2021
Due to new business demands we are currently offering 3-month fixed term contracts. There is the possibility of contract extensions and further work subject to our ongoing workload. You will be based at our head office in Lincoln and will be working as part of a sizable team of experienced archaeologists on one of a variety of projects, predominantly in the East Midlands whilst working under new special measures to keep everyone safe.
In addition to the basic salary, you will receive:
- Paid travel time to site for all staff (at OT rates where this means a longer working day)
- Payments to company drivers for all time spent behind the wheel
- Mileage payments for staff using their own vehicle
- Regular overtime available paid at enhanced rates, which can increase net pay significantly
- Enhanced sick pay after a qualifying period
- 28 days holiday pro rata (inclusive of public holidays)
- Occupational pension with employer’s contribution after a qualifying period
- Childcare voucher scheme
- 50% contribution to CIfA membership
- At least 3 months experience of UK commercial archaeology
- Basic knowledge of British archaeology
- A good working knowledge of archaeological field practices, including planning by hand using traditional methods
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to work in a team, learn and take instruction
- Fit and capable of undertaking physical work
- A courteous and professional manner
- CSCS card - we can help you in obtaining one of these, but priority will be given to those who already possess a CSCS card
- Membership of CIfA at PCIfA level
- Previous experience of Leica GPS systems
To apply, please follow this link to submit your CV, Cover Letter and complete the application form:
References will not be approached without permission. Candidates applications will be reviewed upon receipt of their application.
Closing date for applications is Monday 8th March 2021.
Allen Archaeology are an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community and is committed to promoting equality of opportunity. It is essential that all applicants must be either a British citizen, an EU National or hold a full work visa and where appropriate be registered under the ‘Worker Registration Scheme’ or hold a current work permit. Proof of identity and eligibility to work in the UK will be required prior to commencement of employment. Proof of identity and eligibility to work in the UK will be required prior to commencement of employment.