Before you apply for a post, and sign any contract, read this CIfA and PROSPECT approved guide to applying for jobs. What questions to ask, what to expect and what to watch out for. BAJR Guide 54: Applying for a Job in Archaeology
We are looking for Project Officers to join our expanding team in Northampton during a period of sustained business growth based from the Northampton office. We have a diverse and interesting portfolio of exciting projects throughout the UK and an expanding client base.
The role will be based in the MOLA Northampton office and at project sites as required, so a level of flexibility to work away is required.
The Project Officer will be responsible for medium to large projects primarily involving excavation and post-fieldwork analysis, reporting and publication but could also include evaluation, survey work and building recording.
The successful candidate will have proven extensive and relevant experience within commercial archaeology. They will have good prioritising and organisational skills in running archaeological fieldwork and post-excavation projects, with an ability to work to fixed timescales and deadlines. They will be able to provide evidence of clarity in both written and spoken communication and be able to liaise effectively with colleagues, clients, and planning archaeologists. They will have sound understanding of archaeological project costing and budgets.
The ideal person will already be working in a project supervisory capacity and this could provide an ideal opportunity for someone looking move to the next stage of their career. Training and mentoring would be provided for the right candidate with the ambition to move their career forward as part of MOLA’s commitment to career development.
Membership of the CIfA is preferred at AIFA level or above. A full clean driving licence is essential for this role as regular travel will be required.
We are committed to mentoring and training staff at all levels in order to develop individual capability and enhance career prospects. We offer a highly competitive salary and a generous benefits package.
Please scroll to the bottom of this page for a full job profile.
- For more information and to apply, please download the full job description and application form via the MOLA website at https://mola.current-vacancies.com/Jobs/Advert/2134346?cid=2033&t=Project-Officer-Northampton-or-Basingstoke
- The closing date for the vacancy is Friday 30th April at 23:59.
- All applicants must have the right to work in the UK without restrictions. Proof of eligibility will be required prior to commencement.
- MOLA promotes diversity and equality of opportunity at all levels, and welcomes applications from people regardless of sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, age, or religion or belief.
MOLA is an experienced and innovative archaeology practice. We have been providing independent, professional heritage advice and services for over 40 years across the UK and internationally on schemes both large and small. Our commercial services are designed to help our development, infrastructure and construction sector clients to meet their planning process requirements swiftly and expertly, with the certainty and value they need.
As an education charity our aim is to inspire people to be curious about their heritage. We are proud of our award-winning community engagement and education programmes, which are founded on partnership and participation. As an Independent Research Organisation, we set out to share the knowledge and information we generate with the widest audience possible for the benefit of society. The research we conduct as part of the planning and development process takes place alongside our own research framework.
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Healthcare cash plan
- Generous sick pay provision
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Gym discounts
- Generous parental leave
- PPE provided
- Relevant professional subscriptions paid
- Employer contribution pension scheme
- Free access to over 900 museums, galleries & exhibitions
- Season ticket loans