TERRESTRIAL GEOPHYSICISTS (Technician Level)
BASED IN SALISBURY, UNITED KINGDOM
FIXED TERM CONTRACTS, 3 MONTHS INITIALLY
REF: SALGEO 02.20
Technician £19,373 - £20,841
Salary commensurate with skills and experience
Wessex Archaeology, operating throughout the UK, is the market leader in the provision of integrated archaeological and heritage management services to government, education and the private sector. As a registered charity, we aim to promote the advancement of education, the arts, culture, heritage and science.
The position: An opportunity has arisen for an additional geophysicist to join the Geoservices Team based in Salisbury. The successful candidate will be well-placed to develop and improve their existing geophysics skills and will have the opportunity to work on some of the highest profile and most interesting development projects in the UK today.
The primary responsibilities of the role include:
The successful candidate must have a demonstrable understanding of British Archaeology and the typical responses expected from various features for each technique.
- To be responsible for assisting in the delivery of a comprehensive range of geophysical surveys (gradiometer, resistivity, GPR, EM, ERT) on field investigations across the UK;
- To assist in the preparation, checking, editing, collation, and processing of digital data:
- To assist other members of the team with project-specific research to support and inform the preparation of reports.
- A good degree in archaeology or related subject.
- An excellent, organised and efficient researcher
- Ability to work with self-awareness and the confidence to ask questions
- Ability to manage own time and work to tight deadlines
- A flexible approach to working hours to meet the demands of the role, including working away from home
- The ability to work as part of a team and the willingness to support and assist others
- A full, clean driving license
- A valid CSCS card
The behavioural attributes that we expect from you are:
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Archaeologists
- SSSTS qualification
- Be open to learning and receiving direction;
- Be approachable in providing support, guidance and advice;
- Communicate appropriately and respectfully;
- Be responsible and accountable for your work, actions and decisions;
- Be confident, innovative and show good judgement in problem solving and decision making;
- To work collegiately across all departments and regional offices.
Applicants are invited to submit a completed application form (available from the vacancies page on our website http://www.wessexarch.co.uk/vacancies) with a copy of their CV; and returned by e-mail to email@example.com by 26th February 2020. Receipt of all applications will be acknowledged. Further details, including Job Descriptions can be downloaded from our website. For all queries, please contact Tom Richardson (Terrestrial Geophysics Technical Manager) firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whilst Wessex Archaeology welcomes applications from all sections of the community and is committed to promoting equality of opportunity, it is essential that all applicants must be either a British citizen, EU National or hold a full work visa and where appropriate be registered under the ‘Worker Registration Scheme’, or must hold a current work permit. Proof of identity and eligibility to work in the UK will be required prior to commencement of employment.