As an Aerial Survey Assistant, you will be working directly for the Aerial Survey Director, your role will primarily focus on data capture in the field using a variety of techniques and equipment including UAVs (Drones) and GPS. Back in the office processing of photogrammetry and producing geospatial deliverable products and reports. As such, your day-to-day responsibilities in this busy and challenging role will include:
The role will suit someone interested in combining cutting edge technology with a keen interest in evidence acquisition via remote sensing, to provide accurate and high-quality survey data and GIS ready products. Ideally you will be a graduate able to demonstrate field work experience in remote sensing or survey techniques. Basic knowledge of GIS, LIDAR, GPS and associated technologies is desirable. The ability to communicate with other survey departments, members of public, landowners and our customers professionally, effectively and confidently is essential.
- Working with Aerial Survey Director to plan and execute survey work.
- Processing data to generate geospatial and imaging products.
- LIDAR and Aerial Photography data interpretation.
- Analysis and interpretation of results and the production of reports.
- Image editing using Adobe Photoshop or similar.
- UAV and associated equipment maintenance and record keeping.
Your key qualities should include: -
There will be ample training opportunities for the right candidate. It is not essential to already have any qualification for the operation of UAVs (Drones), however a desire to be a competent Remote Pilot working to CAA regulatory standards, is essential.
- Willingness to travel.
- A flexible attitude to working hours and days.
- Understanding of Safety, situational awareness and dynamic risk analysis.
- Ability to maintain professional conduct in challenging situations.
- Well organised and able to prioritise your own workload.
- Self-motivated and able to use own initiative.
- Ability to communicate confidently.
- Driving License - Required.
Please email your CV and names of two referees (who can be contacted by email) to: Adam Stanford MCIFA FSA, Director of Aerial Survey - firstname.lastname@example.org