Before you apply for a post, and sign any contract, read this CIfA and PROSPECT approved guide to applying for jobs. What questions to ask, what to expect and what to watch out for. BAJR Guide 54: Applying for a Job in Archaeology
Project Officer (Post-Excavation): London
Salary range £25,995 to £32,000 (depending on experience)
AOC is one of the leading, and fastest growing, heritage companies in the UK. We pride ourselves on our commitment to working on interesting and ground-breaking projects, and we are proud of our highly skilled, dynamic staff. We offer a full range of fieldwork, consultancy, survey, post-excavation and public archaeology services and have one of Britain’s largest and most experienced team of artefact, ecofact and conservation specialists. We are a CIfA Registered Organisation with ISO 9001:2015 certification. We actively encourage our team members to grow their skillsets during their time at AOC, with their ambitions matching ours.
This is an excellent opportunity to further your career in archaeological post-excavation. If you are already working at Project Officer level or are a Project Supervisor thinking about progression your career to the next level in this field, this post could be for you. Based in our London Office, you will be a part of the AOC post-excavation team on a broad range of post-excavation tasks on projects across the UK. This role will entail working closely with and supporting our Project Managers in the development and delivery of our post-excavation programme. This will include assisting with aligning our projects with local, regional and national research frameworks and planning policies/guidance; liaison with colleagues, specialists, curators and clients; data management; administration, and assisting in writing and editing of post-excavation assessment reports and publications. Additional contribution to dissemination of our results through public engagement and media outlets as well as community outreach may also be required. A specialism (artefactual or environmental) would be highly welcomed with scope for development. You will work collaboratively with our colleagues, and it is important that you are a good team member with a positive and enthusiastic approach to post-excavation. We encourage our team members to grow, and in this role you will be supported by a senior member of AOC who will assist in improving your skillset to further your career using our bespoke Job Aspiration Matrix.
- A positive and enthusiastic professional interested in an exciting career opportunity with a forward-thinking company
- Enjoy being part of a team that is central to the future growth and success of an organisation.
- Degree level qualification/s
- Good knowledge of English and/or wider UK archaeology
- Familiarity with National and Regional Research Frameworks
- Excellent reporting skills
- Established, or developing post-excavation specialist skills
- Full clean UK driving licence
- CIfA membership is desirable
- Familiarity with Microsoft 365
- A background in commercial archaeology would be beneficial
- Competitive salary, under constant review and always current with CIFA recommendations; appointments will be made on the basis of demonstrated ability, previous experience.
- Ring-fenced Annual Bonus Scheme.
- 28 days annual leave (including bank holidays).
- Company pension scheme.
- Accommodation and subsistence (compliant with all current industry and Govt advice) will be provided if working away from home including weekend accommodation when required.
- Training budget and time allowance to attend conferences.
- Clear and transparent job progression using AOC’s bespoke Job Aspiration Matrix.
- Employee Assistance Programmes including Occupational Health support.
- Support for research.
- Paid CIFA membership.
- Flexible working.
- TOIL and sickness benefits.
Applications via CV and cover letter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is September 30th. If you would like any further information on this post, please contact Mara on 07736957426 for an informal discussion. Your enquiry will be treated in confidence.
Two references will be required. Referees will not be approached without the candidate’s permission.
AOC Archaeology Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.