Neo Environmental are seeking to recruit a license eligible archaeologist with relevant commercial experience for projects in Ireland. The position will offer the right individual the opportunity to work for a well-established and growing multi-disciplinary consultancy.
The role will involve a mixture of fieldwork and report writing. Fieldwork will involve evaluations, watching briefs, walkover surveys, excavations, monument recording. The role will involve significant fieldwork duties so the individual will need to be flexible and willing to travel. ( Present circumstances are taken into consideration )
The successful candidate will work on a wide variety of project types, with the main focus on renewable energy developments. Prospective candidates will be expected to have excellent report writing skills, be well organised with meticulous attention to detail while also being able to manage a varied and full workload. The candidate should thrive in a busy work environment and on delivering to required project deadlines.
- Manage, oversee and undertake licenced fieldwork (e.g. watching briefs, evaluations, excavations);
- Machine excavation (testing) supervision;
- Identifying, excavating and recording archaeological features;
- Contributing to the compilation of site archives;
- Drawing, describing and photographing archaeological features;
- Producing fieldwork reports; and
- Liaising with on-site contractors, stakeholders and third parties.
- Essential Criteria
- Archaeology licenced within Ireland;
- Excellent knowledge of Irish archaeology;
- Technically competent;
- Highly motivated with a strong attention to detail;
- Good organisational skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; and
- Full clean driving licence and own transport
- Holder of CSCS/CSR card;
- Good IT skills and technologically competent;
- Membership of IAI/CIfA.
- Tendering Experience
- Geophysical survey experience
For consideration for this role please forward your CV to: email@example.com